If you are looking for a gadget to help you open cans effortlessly, without spilling contents or cutting your hands, you’ve come to the right place. On this page, you will find the best electric can opener money can buy. But be advised that during a zombie apocalypse, you will likely need to learn how to open cans without electricity, among other things!
The electric can opener has become a staple in practically all North American households. It’s a time-saver in the kitchen, and it’s certainly not something we think twice about when it comes to replacement time.
And with an overwhelming number of electric can openers on the market, it can be tough to pick one out. We went through a bunch (16 in total) and some of them disappointed tremendously.
We suffered through silent pain and tears, just so we can bring you this list of amazing can openers!
|Single Serve Coffee Makers|
|VIEW ON AMAZON →|
|VIEW ON AMAZON →|
|VIEW ON AMAZON →|
|VIEW ON AMAZON →|
|VIEW ON AMAZON →|
The Best Electric Can Opener Reviews
1. Hamilton Beach (76606ZA)
The Hamilton Beach Smooth Touch Electric Can Opener brings both functionality and fashion to your kitchen. This product makes it simple to open both regular and pop-top cans and leaves a smooth edge on the lid after removal.
Most electric can openers cut into the top of the lid, causing a total mess. The opener from Hamilton Beach cuts along the side, minimizing the blade’s contact with food and eliminating any messy spills.
- Smooth lids. No more cutting your hands on jagged edges. Lids are left smooth and touchable after opening, and you’re left worry-free about sharp edges.
- Open with ease. The Hamilton Beach allows you to open cans one-handed with a simple push down lever.
- Complements your décor. This gadget has a stylish black and chrome design that fits in with any kitchen style. Whether your kitchen is rustic, modern, or minimalist, you’ll want to have the Hamilton Beach on your countertop.
It should be noted that this Hamilton Beach gadget is particularly useful for seniors who need an easy, automatic option to replace a difficult to use manual gadget. It is an upgraded version from the preivous Hamilton Beach 76380z classic model, and it will open cans of all sizes.
And with many online reviews calling it “the best can opener ever” it’s definitely a fantastic option that you just can’t go wrong with!
2. Cuisinart SCO-60 Deluxe
The Cuisinart SCO-60 Deluxe Electric Can opener is a very stylish, one-touch gadget that can quickly open any standard size or even tall cans.
This opener also boasts a wide base to prevent tipping, meaning it’s a sturdy option for customers. The stainless steel matches any modern kitchen appliances making it an attractive option for those who are hesitant to add more clutter to their countertops. The Cuisinart SCO-60 Deluxe also boasts easy cleanup and is entirely BPA free.
- The Power Cut Blade. You can effortlessly open cans thanks to this gadget. The blade “slices through cans” and is held in place by a magnetic lid holder.
- One-touch operation. You only need to press down on the lever, and away it goes. This easy approach allows you to multi-task while using it.
- Easy cleanup. Thanks to the removable arm, you can clean any messes with little to no difficulty.
The only thing to watch out for with this model is the fact that it does occasionally shred the labels on tall cans. However, this is a very minor issue compared to all of the awesome benefits this electric can opener boasts.
3. Cuisinart CCO-50BKN
Our second and final Cuisinart on the list. The Cuisinart CCO-55 Deluxe is another one-touch opening system that can open standard-sized cans with ease.
Its chrome finish makes for a stylish appliance to add to your countertop. And just like it’s predecessors, this model boasts a magnetic lid holder and easy cleanup of messes.
Overtop of this, it also features a wide base to avoid any tipping. This comes alongside a power cut blade that not only opens the can in seconds but leaves smooth edges to prevent any risk of injury.
- One-touch operation. We want as little effort as possible to get the job done, and the one-touch system from this Cuisinart helps us do just that.
- Sturdy base. Because the base is wider, the product boasts sturdiness and a non-slip grip adding to the overall effectiveness of this product.
- Works with many sizes. Customers love the variety of cans they can open.
- Power cut blade. Another opener that safely slides through metal, leaving a smooth edge and minimizing the chance someone will cut themselves.
Considering its super low price tag, it’s no surprise that the Cuisinart CCO-50BKN Deluxe Electric is an absolute crowd-favorite online!
4. Balywood Electric Can Opener
The Balywood electric can opener is a battery-operated gadget targeted primarily at seniors and those living with arthritis.
Operated by AA batteries, it’s self-adhering and can open a can in only a matter of seconds. Like many of the other openers, it cuts smooth harmless edges. In fact, the cut edges are generally so smooth that the lid becomes resealable.
The one thing to keep in mind is that this particular model is handheld and requires a slight bit of pressure when in use.
- No sharp edges. Like many other electric can openers mentioned, this one also creates a safe, worry-free cut along the edge. It cuts along the side of the can instead of the top as manual tools would.
- Works on all cans. You can use this gadget on cans of any size. Just push the button, and you’re ready to go.
- Self-adhering. This gadget self-adheres to any can to open it. Some slight pressure may be required to get the initial adherence.
All in all, it’s highly practical and very compact – making it a great addition to your kitchen arsenal.
5. Kitchen Mama
The Kitchen Mama Electric Can Opener is an efficient, food-safe, and battery-operated kitchen gadget that is also visually bright and appealing.
Its colorful modern design adds a nice aesthetic flair to any kitchen. And its easy operation and simplicity have both been highlighted in the plethora of online reviews it’s received.
While other standing electric can openers are criticized for having too many buttons or overcomplicating the process, this handheld gadget takes only two taps to open any can. And the whole process literally happens at the push of a button.
- Easy operation. Like we said, two taps. Push the “on button” to turn the opener on and to cut along the lid. Once complete, push the button again to turn off.
- Safety first. The Kitchen Mama cuts along the side of the lid, leaving zero sharp cuts and preventing the lid from touching anything inside the can.
- Ergonomic design. This opener is designed with the elderly in mind. Its design is built for people who have challenges gripping.
Given the ease with which it opens practically any style of can and how easy it is to use for children and elders alike – this can opener would make for a fantastic choice.
6. Gourmet Trends
One of our more cost-efficient options, the Gourmet Trends Handy Can Opener aims to make kitchen tasks easier. This particular handheld one differs from others in that you do not need to hold it as you’re opening the can. Just place it over the can, press the start button, and let it do all of the work for you!
It boasts incredible safety and immense ease of use to its customers. Starting with the fact that it leaves surprisingly smooth edges, and considering that there’s minimal involvement on your part – it’s easy to forget that this electric gadget costs less than two coffees at Starbucks
- This handheld opener slices through cans without a problem. With a one-touch button, opening cans in your home just got a lot easier.
- Get colorful! This gadget comes in your choice of black, blue, red, and grey. If you want, you can add a little pop of color into your kitchen routine.
- No can opener is complete without the confirmation that the edges will be smooth and risk-free.
There is one downside however, many customer reviews available online remark the relatively short shelf-life of this can opener. However, when you consider all of the benefits you’re getting for just a couple of bucks – it’s definitely an option that’s well worth the money you’re paying!
7. Black & Decker
The Black & Decker electric can opener has a refreshing, modern look that is pretty darn aesthetically attractive by comparison to some of the options we’ve featured so far.
With an extra tall and wide design, this opener can accommodate practically any can size that you might have in mind. It also boasts a bit of added convenience as a totally hands-free device.
Furthermore, this gadget has some added tools like a built-in bottle opener and knife-sharpener that make this model slightly more advanced than your average traditional electric opener.
- This can opener is tall and extra wide to accommodate cans in varying sizes. The blade technology pierces cans for easy lid removal.
- Hands-free is the best way to go with electric can openers, and this one gives you that option. Place your can under the gadget and watch it work its magic.
- This Black & Decker model differs from others in that it includes some extra features, including a knife sharpener and a bottle opener. Cheers!
This model is especially handy if you’re a pet owner that’s constantly opening canned food for your little ones as it accommodates practically any can size under the sun.
8. Hamilton Beach Compact
The Hamilton Beach Compact is the smallest of all electric can openers on our list and yet a very efficient tool to assist you in the kitchen. Its small size means you can take it with you should you find yourself out and in need of a can opener.
It’s also one of the quickest openers on our list, and when you consider its sleek modern design alongside the fact that it only weighs one pound – it’s a great option whether you’re going to use it in the kitchen or bring it with you on camping trips.
- Size matters! The perk of being a smaller electric can opener is that it can be stored away. Most people don’t love to keep their kitchen tools out. This allows you to take the gadget out on an as-needed-basis
- You don’t have to worry about batteries or keep it plugged in. You can charge it and then use it as you please.
The only small downside to this option is that if you forget to charge it, your battery will die, and you can’t use the opener. But all it takes to avoid a situation like that is a tiny bit of mindfulness and setting it to charge regularly after use.
9. Proctor Silex Plus 76370p
The Proctor Silex Plus 76370p is considered an opener that is ready for tough jobs. Sized for taller cans as well your standard range, this opener proves to be pretty versatile.
Aside from the fact that it looks sleek in its black and white color options – it also features some handy features that really simplify your life in the kitchen. From a cutting lever that twists right off to make cleanup a breeze, to an automated shut-off system that allows you to put the can in, get it started and do something else while this gadget wraps up all of the hard work.
Overtop of this, it also features some nice little convenience features such as a knife sharpener and some built-in storage for its cord.
- Designed for different sizes. This opener has the ability to open a can up to 7 inches tall.
- Extras included. This opener also has a knife sharpener and cord storage.
- Easy Peasy. This electric gadget makes life easier for you. It opens cans with the push of a button and has a cutting lever that removes lids for easy cleanup.
The one thing you have to be wary of is the fact that since it doesn’t feature a wider base, this can opener can run into some stability issues with larger cans. However, as long as you’re mindful of this – you shouldn’t have any problems with anything tipping and spilling over.
10. Oster Electric Can Opener
The Oster FPSTCN1300 electric can opener comes in classic stainless steel. The stainless-steel look matches many kitchen appliances, making it a kitchen gadget that easily fits in with your decor.
Like many of the options listed above, this one has some awesome bells and whistles included. There is a built-in cutting blade, bottle opener, and cord storage. In addition to this, it also shuts off automatically, allowing for seamless hands-free operation on the user’s part. And with its amazingly efficient cutting blade and magnetic lid-lifter – opening cans in a mess-free and totally efficient way can’t be any easier.
- Hands-free. This countertop electric can opener sits on your counter. You can place a can in there and open it hands-free, no problem. There is also a power-pierce cutting mechanism that helps open the cans with such ease.
- Automatic shut off. If you’re someone who can’t remember if you unplugged that thing in your house, the automatic shut off is a great feature for you.
- Extra Extra. This can opener also has some extra kitchen features that will be useful to anyone. There is a removable cutting blade attached to this gadget and retractable cord storage for when you plan on putting it away to store.
Last Words of the Chef’s Wisdom
We hope that our list has given you some insight into the different options out there when it comes to finding and picking out the best electric can opener. Do yourself a favor and invest in this class kitchen gadget. It’ll revolutionize your life in the kitchen (or at least make things that much easier)!
With that, we wish you luck on your quest to pick out the best option for yourself. And we definitely hope that some of the options we’ve covered helped you get a head-start on your short-list.