The meat grinders market has come a long way in the last few years. On one hand, this is good, because there is a much larger variety of products now, which has driven the price down a bit. But, on the other hand, it has become very hard to distinguish the good grinders from the bad ones.
As a starting point, consider that some grinders are manual, while others are electric, which is something to consider as you decide on what the best meat grinder for you is. We sorted out through 40 meat grinders, and reviewed the top 10.
Meat Grinders Comparison Table
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
The 10 Best Meat Grinders on the Market
1. STX Turboforce Electric Meat Grinder
Designed for heavy-duty home use, the STX Turboforce Electric Meat Grinder boasts meat grinding and sausage stuffing capabilities. This grinder can go through 180 and 240 lbs of meat per hour when used at high speed. This is what you kitchen has been missing all along!
- Voltage: 110 to 120 volts, 60 Hz
- Load wattage: 1200 watts “under load” while in use and grinding down to 800 watts
- Wattage when motor is locked: 3000 watts
- Three-speed system design. Features high, low, and reverse
- Output of the grinder is between 180 and 240 lbs of meat per hour when on the highest speed—this also depends on the type of meat you’re grinding. Low speed is not typically used, only for stuffing sausage.
- Features a stop and a reset switch
- Comes with a beaner plate and a sausage stuffing plate
- Three tempered steel plates for grinding
- Three stainless steel blades for cutting are included
- 1 Kubbe/kibbe attachment
- Also features two meat claws
- Burger/slider press is also included
- Most kitchen grinders are a size #5 or a size #6, this grinder is a large size #12
- 1 Stop and reset switch (circuit breaker)
This grinder is larger and heavy-duty, powerfully grinding up to 240 lbs of meat in one hour. Many added accessories, and really this grinder offers the most bang for your buck. All things considered, this is a really good sausage grinder.
The 3-speed push button control includes a red and stylish reverse function button, that allows you to unclog the mincer if needed.
Definitely the best bang for your buck in terms of added features and capabilities. Perfect size that will easily fit most kitchens.
Some reviewers noted that the grinder is not as powerful as they expected, and its large size is not as desirable as some other meat grinders.
READ MORE: The Best Panini Press Money Can Buy
Lem Big Bite Electric Meat Grinder
When you have some heavy-duty meat grinding needs, the LEM Big Bite Electric Meat grinder can definitely find its way to your kitchen. On average this mincer can go through 7 lbs of meat per minute. So, when it comes to stainless steel meat grinders, it does not get much better than the LEM Big Bite, at least not at this price range.
Featuring a large capacity and the ability to grind bones without voiding the warranty, this is a good choice for those who have animals on a raw food diet who need a powerful grinder they can utilize in their homes. Stainless steel construction is strong and durable, while the variety of accessories included make this a must-have grinder.
- 75HP grinder is a huge step upwards in size from either the #5 or #8 Big Bite units
- Extra quiet motor
- Features a stylish, modernized brushed stainless-steel finish that minimizes fingerprints
- Grinder motor dimensions: 7.5 W x 15.5 L x 13 H inches
- Dimensions of grinder fully assembled: 9.13 W x 20.24 L x 15.98 H inches
- Tray in the body for late and knife storage
- Extended auger designed to pull more meat in less time
- Pattern in the head is designed to push meat forward and requires less interaction from the user
- Lifetime customer support
- Five-year warranty
- Dishwasher safe mincer machine
- Built-in stainless steel knife
Most reviewers raved about this model. Customers like that the grinder can handle large amounts of meat and bones, and noted how powerfully the grinder performed.
One reviewer noted that the unit did not come with an instruction manual, so they had to look up how to use it on YouTube. They also noted that the LEM Big Bite Electric Meat Grinder has a safety guard that gets in the way of the auger. When you are feeding meat into the auger, it can get in the way and slow you down, making grinding large batches a bit more challenging.
Altra Meat Mincer
Ranked #1 in new releases for meat grinders on Amazon, the Altra Meat minder is a quality choice for those looking for a combination of powerful meat-grinding and affordable prices. This electric grinder ensures that making ground beef and sausage in the comforts of your kitchen is a breeze. However, its capability to produce 2 lbs of minced meat per minute falls a bit short of competitors, such as the LEM electric mincer.
The Altra comes with a wide variety of accessories and has a stylish finish and heavy-duty material to stand the test of time. The affordable price is also a selling point.
- Powerful, professional-grade meat grinder can power up to 350W (2000W Max)
- Three different cutting plates for coarse, medium and fine grinding
- Sausage funnels
- Kibbe attachment
- Made of reinforced steel and aluminum alloy, so it can stand up to wear and tear
- Built-in concealed storage box keeps accessories safe and closes at hand
- Easy to operate
- Small commercial and personal, private grinding needs can all be met with this grinder
High-quality meat grinder for the cost. A great option for grinding large amounts of meat, and offers soft minced meat for animals. Easy to clean, because it is dishwasher safe. That’s almost always a plus for consumers nowadays.
Also, the Altra comes with a cool reverse function button that allows for the unit to be easily unclogged if needed.
This grinder cannot be washed in the dishwasher and must be taken apart to clean. It also needs to cool down after 10-minutes of heavy use to keep the motor from burning out. Also, it does not come equipped with a circuit breaker.
READ MORE: The Best Cheese Slicer Reviews
Lhs Manual Meat Grinder
When you need a meat grinder, but don’t necessarily want to spend the money on an electric one, or you only need to grind smaller amounts of meat, the Lhs Manual Meat Grinder is a top choice. We have taken the liberty to rank the LHS as the best budget pick for your kitchen, because of its excellent price tag. This grinder boasts an easy-to-use design with a turn crank for simple and fast grinding. Designed to meet the needs of those looking for a powerful grinder that won’t break their spending budget.
- Easy to use design, simply turn the crank
- Stainless steel and plastic material are heavy-duty and can stand up to wear and tear
- Comes with two stainless steel blades
- One dough/cookie shaper
- One handy and simple meat pusher
This model is ultra-affordable, with a less than $30 price tag. The grinding process is simple and easy, helping you to grind meat in just a few minutes, without the higher cost that many other grinders have.
The model has suction cups on the bottom to keep it from sliding around. If the counter surface is wet or uneven, the cups may fail to work. Some reviewers also noted that the meat backed up and came out the top. Others stated that the handle is too long and can get in the way.
Sunmile SM-G31 Electric Meat Grinder
Another great budget grinder that meets most small home kitchen grinding needs is the Sunmile SM-G31 Electric Meat Grinder. It offers plenty of bang for your buck, with a high-quality design and plenty of moderate meat-grinding success.
- 250W power rating, as well as 800W max locked power
- Can grind up to 150 lbs per hour – suitable for home grinding needs
- Large capacity tray can hold and grind a large amount of meat
- Single on/off switch
- Three plates for various grinding and cutting need
- ETL Certification for safety at home
- Full set of accessories including cutting blade, 3 cutting plates and 3 sausage stuff makers
A great price for the product, this grinder combines value and quality for a great match. A variety of accessories and a large capacity tray make this a solid meat grinding choice. A single on/off switch is easy to use.
Blade can grow worn down over time, so make sure to sharpen as needed. Cannot grind larger hauls of meat, and requires some rest to avoid overheating the motor. Parts are not dishwasher safe, so they must all be washed by hand to keep them safe and long-lasting.
READ MORE: Best Fillet Knife Reviews
Homdox Electric Meat Mincer
Need to mince some meat in the privacy of your kitchen? Get the job done right with the Homdox Electric Meat Mincer. A great choice for those who do not want to keep on manually grinding their meet, this electric device comes equipped with an automatic on/off switch that shuts the machine off when the motor starts to get too warm. Not only does this help to keep your blades protected, it also keeps safety and the money you have spent at the forefront.
- Three grinding plates for medium, coarse and fine grounding
- Automatic shut off feature will shut the device off if the motor gets to warm
- Should not be used with bones or non-meat products
- Designed for safety with meat pusher that keeps your hands away from the machine
- Multiple accessories including sausage attachment, kubbe attachment, and food pusher
- 12-month replacement warranty
This machine is less expensive than some of its counterparts, it keeps you safe from the motor burning up.
Watch out for parts inside of the grinder that cannot be washed, or should be washed very carefully. Read the manual to ensure safety. This device also doesn’t grind up animal bones.
Kenome Metal Meat Grinder
Take kitchen gadgets that you already have to the next level with the Kenome Metal Meat Grinder attachment. Designed specifically to be added on to KitchenAid Mixers, this add on helps to easily grind meet with less bulk and one easy to use design. All you have to do, regardless of what type of KitchenAid Mixer you have, is to fix this attachment on to mix. This offers easy and quality grinding and/or sausage making.
- One push button make use very simple
- Compact design takes up little room
- High quality steel construction
- Four grinding plates for medium, fine, coarse and sausage grinding
- Two sausage stuffer tubes
- Two grinding blades
- One Cleaning brush included
Take advantage of already having a KitchenAid mixer and use this meat grinder. It fits easily on to your mixer, reducing the need for additional equipment. It’s also simple to use and cost-effective.
The device and its parts are not meant to be washed in the dishwasher; they must be hand-washed. Reviewers didn’t like this, and they cited that the quality of this attachment isn’t on par with other meat grinders out there.
Kitchener Elite Electric Meat Grinder
This grinders ticks off all the boxes including quality of design, reasonable cost, and a maintenance-free air-cooled motor. The Kitchener Elite Electric Meat Grinder is a solid choice, whether you’re grinding meat for you pet, making a large bulk batch of an animal that you hunted, or are doing smaller ground beef or chicken for your family, this grinder will more than meet your kitchen needs.
- Steel gear-driven mechanism design
- Smooth and quiet operation with a maintenance-free air-cooled motor
- 370W induction motor
- Grinds up to 480-lbs of meat per hour
- Equipped with circuit breaker
- Heavy-duty SUS304 stainless steel grinder head, auger, meat pan.
- Stainless steel meat pan has a large capacity and measures: 13 x9 x2-3/8 inches
- All rust-proof materials
- Stainless steel cutting knife
- Stainless steel coarse, fine, and stuffing plates,
- Removable drawer for organizing grinder accessories is patented and useful
Customers reviewing this meat grinder have stated that it is high quality and gets the job done. Quality is high and the product is quality-made, so hopefully, it will last quite a while. The oversized pan and neck ensure that you can grind larger amounts of meat, beating out some of the other devices with a higher output.
One of the more expensive grinders, the Kitchener Elite Electric Meat Grinder can be out of many people’s budgets. Reviewers cited this expense as one of the reasons to think closely about this purchase.
Homeleader Electric Meat Grinder
Get the many accessories you need for your kitchen and the large capacity required for your heavy-duty grinding needs with the Homeleader Electric Meat Grinder. This grinder offers a variety of plates for various grinding sizes, and also comes with a heavy-duty motor that can grind at fast speeds without sacrificing quality.
- Detachable tray
- Big capacity with a large stainless-steel wrapped body and all copper wires
- 1400W heavy-duty motor represents the maximum locked motor wattage, ensuring peak performance.
- Interior circuit breaker prevents overheating
- Sausage attachment for making sausages
- Body features a space for storing attachments
- Interchangeable three cutting plates for coarse, medium and fine grinding options
- Reliable and friendly customer service, responds within 24-hours
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 12-months replacement after sale and lifetime of support
This meat-grinder is designed to handle larger amounts of grinding, so it’s a great option if you are a hunter and have lots of meat to grind. While some of the reviews said the materials were of poor quality, overall people seem pleased with this model. The food pusher keeps you safe, as do the circuit breakers that shut the model off when it is overheating.
A lot of reviewers were not impressed with this meat grinder, as it is made of plastic and not stainless steel, as stated. Also, the motor seems to stop working after some time, while the blades get very dull even after just a few uses. We recommend other more affordable yet still higher quality meat grinders on the market today.
Gourmia GMG525 Electric Meat Grinder
Take your cooking to the next level with the Gourmia GMG525 Electric Meat Grinder. Make unique blends of meats in just the right consistency, or mix up food for your dogs that will have them salivating. Utilizing this high-quality grinder, you’ll get a nice mix of a budget–friendly model and useful features to make the best ground meat blends around. From grinding beef to make the best ground beef or grinding fish for your pets, there’s a feature on this grinder that can meet your needs.
- Easy to use switch with 3-settings gets the job done easily—On/off/reverse
- Sausage attachment for making delicious sausage
- Kibbeh attachment
- Easy-to-follow manual is included to make breaking down and cleaning up a breeze
- Stainless steel blades for proper grinding
- 500W ETL approved motor
- Three cutting plates for coarse, fine and medium ground meet
- Durable stainless-steel construction with heavy-duty food tray
Customers like the many different safety features, as well as the multiple accessories to ensure you aren’t just getting a meat grinder—you’re also getting a sausage and kibbeh maker. Most people discussed how well the grinder worked, and even cited the customer service and what a high level it was.
One reviewer noted that the grinder left metallic pieces in their meat upon first use, even after washing all the parts. Multiple other customers disliked the lack of quality and said the device did not grind very well, in contrast to the many positive reviews. The grinder cannot go in the dishwasher, so this is something to note if this is important to you.
READ MORE: The Best Egg Cooker Reviews
Getting the Best Home Meat Grinder
When shopping for the best meat grinder, the there are a number of factors to consider. First and foremost, think about what you will be using the grinder for. If you will be using the grinder during hunting season and will have large deer to grind, you may have different needs than someone who is doing some simple grinding of store-bought meat for ground beef. There’s a wide range of uses for meat grinders, and so make sure that you are considering this as you make your final decision for your meat grinder.
Read on for some other factors that you should consider when making your decision on what meat grinder to buy.
Materials and Construction
Quality is king when it comes to the selection of the best meat grinders for your personal use at home. If the grinder is made of low-grade materials or cheaply made plastic, it’s really not going to be worth it, even if the price is low. Look for grinders made of materials that can stand the test of time, like stainless steel or durable plastic.
The construction also matters. If the grinder is designed poorly and is hard to take apart for cleaning, this can render it on the “do not buy list.” You’ll also want to look at whether or not the grinder is made for the dishwasher or not—the wrong type of care can break down the materials faster. Pay very close attention to this feature, and ensure that grinders that cannot go in the dishwasher are not accidentally put in there!
Electric Grinder vs Manual Grinder
Another key consideration is an electric grinder vs. a manual grinder. This is where your personal needs come into play.
If you have quite a few pets and will be grinding their food for their meals, you’ll want to ensure that you have an electric grinder that can handle a lot of meat, fast. A manual grinder will be for smaller grinding needs, and will not be as powerful. Thus, the time it takes to grind up the meat with a manual grinder should be noted. Less power can mean a lower cost, so it’s important to find the right grinder that strikes a balance between affordable cost and quality.
Remember, a meat grinder is only perfect if you really know what you need it for. Otherwise, you will end up with a bad experience.
Don’t forget to think about the extras! Some grinders may come with very little in the way of extra equipment, from additional plates to kubbe attachments. These special add-ons can really make the meat grinder even more worth your while, delivering more bang for your bang and giving you a full range of services.
Look for accessories! Avoid spending extra money on buying these all-important items, when most models will come with at least some of these essentials. Avoid buying cheaper models without these machine-transforming extras, especially if you want to be able to make sausage or other items.
Motor power is another key consideration. Most of the best and highest rated meat grinders on the market will have a higher motor power than their counterparts. This is very important, as, without enough power, the device will not be able to grind large amounts of meat in a short amount of time.
You’ll also want to research whether or not the motor will need some rest time in between grinding, as many motors do require an opportunity to cool down so they do not overheat. If you have a large amount of deer meat, for example, this could prove to be very frustrating as you constantly have to stop to help the motor to cool off.
If you are in need of a meat grinder, regardless of whether the grinder is electric or manual, take the time to ensure that you are getting a high-quality grinder that can meet your needs.
Whether you are an at-home cook who likes to make their own meat blends, or you are a hunter striving to grind all of your deer meat for the season, a grinder can be a great solution to your problems. Simply make sure to do your research and find the grinder that meets your needs, without breaking the bank.